Hi all,

For my research work I want to have different attacking scenarios which exploits vulnerability of JAVA based applications. This java applications can be just any web-application, desktopapplication or any other.

For this, I was thinking to exploit vulnerabilities of tomcat itself (because it is in java). I went through different vulnerabilities of different versions of tomcat on apache tomcat's official site. They have provided information about what is the vulnerability and what is its consequences.

But I am looking for some real time example by which I can exhibit the exploitation of tomcat’s vulnerability. The version of the tomcat can be just any. I would like to try vulnerabilities like authentication bypass, information disclosure or some other which really compromises the security.

Could anybody please suggest some source where I can get step by step information about exploiting tomcat’s vulnerability with example ? It would be nice if the example web application used for exploitation is also in java.

I would really appreciate your any kind of help regarding this.

Thanks.

Richa.