Christopher Piggott wrote:
Frank W. Zammetti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes ...
It looks to me like your ObjectCreate rule is incorrect...
I believe the class you reference must be the fully-qualified name.

That set me on the right track - thank you.  My ObjectCreate rule was actually
OK because I specified the Class itself, not the name of the class as a String:

        digester.addObjectCreate("config/xdb-config", XdbConfig.class);

Ah cool, I wasn't aware of that version of it. Nice, I like that better. I guess we both learned something :) Thanks!

Frank