Hi  Konstantin ,
    Here are the details ,

     1. Tomcat Version   - Server version: Apache Tomcat/7.0.21
     2.  It is Standalone
     3. I am just using default setting ,  it is running on 8080 ,
         Only thing ,i have added following entries to forward all 80
requests to 8080
            Entries are,
        iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-ports 8080

iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8080

     4. Yes I restarted tomcat for every change i was testing
     5. How did i tested,
            I just visited *a.com* and *b.com* and checked whether they go
to their respective website, instead they directed to  o.com ( default app
which in webapps)

      Here is the directory structure for above three domains

         o.com   webapps
         a.com  webapps_a
         b.com webapps_b

They all are at same level

Sorry, for top posting ,i new to mailing list, i will try to avoid  in
future :) , appreciate your help.

Regards,
Pradeep