Le 4 oct. 2012 14:38, "Caldarale, Charles R" <chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> a
écrit :

> > From: Kirill Kireyev [mailto:kir...@instagrok.com]
> > Subject: Re: high CPU usage on tomcat 7
>
> > Perhaps what I need is to have the JVM do garbage collections more
> > frequently, so that they don't become a huge CPU-hogging ordeals
> > when they do happen.
>
> That's not how it works.  The amount of time spent in a GC operation is
dependent almost entirely on the number of live objects in the heap, not
the amount of space being reclaimed.  Having a smaller heap might improve
your cache hit rate, but it will have little effect on the time used by GC.

> It is highly likely that your webapps have a memory leak.  You need to
use a profiler and find out what's eating up all that memory.  If you set
the heap size to a smaller value, you should be able to provoke the
situation earlier, but it certainly won't fix it.
+1

Jeff

>  - Chuck

received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and
its attachments from all computers.