Hello,

I am running a servlet that reads and writes to an remote instance of =
Hbase/Hadoop on ec2. When the security manager is off, all is fine. But =
when the manager is on, write and read operations fail.

I have the following permissions on my 04webapps.policy file:

   permission java.net.SocketPermission =
"ip-10-234-X-X.eu-west-1.compute.internal:*", "connect,resolve";
   permission java.net.SocketPermission "10.234.X.X:*", =
"connect,resolve";
=20
(10.234.X.X) being the address of the remote instance with Hbase.

I cannot track anything in the logs. No error or exception,the app just =
freezes.

Your help is much appreciated,

Mourad