> From: James Lampert [mailto:jam...@touchtonecorp.com]
> Subject: Restricting certain ports to certain contexts?

> A Tomcat server with a number of contexts.

> One of those contexts should be available unsecured on port 8080.

> The others should only be available secured, on port 443.

> Is there a way we can restrict 8080 to the one unsecured context?

Read the servlet spec, chapter 13 (the 3.0 version is, unfortunately, harder to
comprehend than the earlier versions).  Put the following in the
WEB-INF/web.xml of the webapps you wish to restrict to HTTPS:

<user-data-constraint>
</user-data-constraint>

It might be possible to add the above to just the global conf/web.xml file and
then override the global setting for the one unsecured webapp by setting its
<transport-guarantee> to NONE, but I haven't tried it.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.