Greetings,

I really like that Apache Tomcat provides a way to skip JAR files for
scanning. I would like to see this become an optional property within
the JAR file itself. Obviously, this means that the JAR would still
have to be loaded up in order to discover the entry, but this would
ease up fear of common named jars from being false positively
excluded. Another situation is where many of my projects have full
version numbers and I don't want to code those out fully in the
catalina.properties.

I propose something like
jar!/META-INF/org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.DefaultJarScanner with
property skip=true which would let us include that meta information
directly in the JAR itself. This might require some documentation as
well to catalina.properties.

What do you think?

-Jesse