> From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: Comma related bug in org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve

> We'll probably end up with something like <tag>"regex1","regex2",...</tag>.
> Or a single regex, with "|" between the alternatives (which could be a
> workaround for you now, I guess).

I have a vague memory of a discussion on either the dev or users' list about
simply removing the comma separation, and using just regex standard formats.
As I recall, the final resolution was to remove the comma separation in Tomcat
7, but keep it in 6 for compatibility - even if it is broken and not completely
resolvable.  If you look at the RemoteIpValve doc for 7, you'll see there's no
mention of comma-separated regexes.

The moral of the story: upgrade.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.