Mark actually i have a scenario in which my application receives variable
amount of request depending on time . So at one point i have an approx around
400 users concurrently accessing my application as a result i have an approx
400 threads but when the request count decreases the thread count still remains
400 which eventually eat up my system resources. To cater to this situation i
would like to know the option by which i can close my unused threads as
maxSparethreads doesnt exist anymore in tomcat 6.0

Pls advise

Thanks,
Vicky