Hi Ferindo,

No, there is not. j_security_check implements simple container-managed authentication (sometimes called J2EE security), and that does not include password management of any sort. At work for instance, we have built a whole security framework on top of J2EE security to deal with just the kinds of things you are talking about. I'm afraid you'll have to do the same, or look around for a project that already has (I'm not aware of any off-hand).

Frank

Ferindo Middleton wrote:
Is there a way to force users to renew their password or enforce password
rules using the native j_security_check authentication mechanisms of tomcat?

Ferindo

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect