Chris ,

When i was monitoring the tomcat thread pools using psi-probe application
(below link for reference) i observed it shows minSpareThread attribute as zero
for http connector & when i configured the same attribute via executor &
referred it in my http protocol it displays the count which i configured. So
just want to conclude & confirm that  only executor is the way out for
configuring the minSpareThreads attribute
http://code.google.com/p/psi-probe/downloads/list

Pardon my silly queries..

Thanks,
Vicky