On Nov 19, 2012, at 6:52 AM, Anuroop wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am new for tomcat and linux.
>

> I have hosted my application on my redhat server, from last 1 week I am
> observing that its suddenly stops working after continuously running after 2
> to 3days.
>

> Observation:
>

> Whenever my app stops responding I use to check port running or not using
> fuser 80/tcp command. I see that tomcat 80 port will be running fine.
>

> If I kill this port fuser 80/tcp -k and run tomcat once again my web app
> start working properly for again 2 to 3 days.
>

> I wanted to know whether is there any configuration issue in my tomcat,
> because of more request coming from the client machine it is stop working?

Take some thread dumps when the application is no longer responding.  This will
tell you what is happening in the application once it has stopped responding to
requests.  Ideally you'd want three or more thread dumps, spread out with 15 -
20 seconds in between each thread dump.

https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_obtain_a_thread_dump_of_my_running_webapp_.3F

Dan