André Warnier wrote:
vicky007aggar...@yahoo.co.in wrote:

Hello Guys,

I am trying to define the context root in my application using context.xml. I defined the following in application context.xml under meta-inf directory

<Context path="/app1" privileged="true"/>

But still tomcat is referring the application name as my context. The value which i defined in context.xml is not getting referenced by tomcat.

Can some one please help me in defining the context root for an application . I don't want to use the application name as context root for my app.

This is described in detail in the Tomcat Wiki.
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo, #18.

Apologies:
That was a correct answer, but not to your question.
Sorry, I misinterpreted "root" as "ROOT".