Hello-
I am working on a project where we are migrating a web app from JRUN 4.0
to Tomcat 6.0 and facing some sort of caching problem with one of the
functionality. The same jsp:include code works fine in JRUN server but
in Tomcat for the page to work properly I have to clear the cache under
work/catalina before accessing the page every time.

I thought initially it was some browser cache but that doesn't seem to
be the case. Clearing the browser cache did not help and only emptying
the contents in work/catalina seems to do the trick. I understand that
there is a way to prevent this caching under work/catalina but trying to
figure out if there is a way where I can explicitly tell Tomcat to
recompile this particular jsp file upon each request. I looked at JRUN
to see if it was caching that particular JSP page and even it does it as
well.

Issue details:
We are having a list that populates the data from database. For example:
page number field with values 0,1,2,3,4 ....
On first time, it does show the proper page selected value - say 4. The
next time when we try to access it the selected value does not show up
correctly and it just defaults the first record in the drop down - 0.

I did view source of the html and see the select tag not present upon
future requests. When I empty the content in work/catalina (no tomcat
restart) then it recompiles the file and would show up the proper value.
The same code works fine in JRUN and am trying to figure out how to get
this working in Tomcat without having to clear Tomcat cache.

If anyone has some thoughts to debug this situation further, please shed
some light.

Thank you,
Regards,
Vasanth Sekar