From: Steven Peacock [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 3:05 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Blank page after tomcat install

After successfully installing tomcat on a server a couple of weeks ago,
I decided I wanted a local copy to play with.
So I downloaded the tar, extracted it and started tomcat,
When I go to localhost:8080 I get a blank page. Absolutely nothing but
white space. As a matter of fact, I can type anything I want after and
get the same result (http://localhost:8080/helpmeout)

My start up yields:
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.17
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.17
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.17/temp
Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-sun/

java -version yields
java version "1.5.0_05"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_05-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

I am running on Linux

Thanks,

Steven Peacock