Vasanth,

I'm finally getting around to reading all the messages in this thread.
I have a few questions:

On 11/22/12 10:39 AM, Sekar, Vasanth wrote:
> Sorry, about that. Here is the detailed explanation. <html:options
> collection="pages" property="pageNumber" styleClass="textbody"/>

So you are using Apache Struts. Good to know. Maybe next time tell us
that's what's happening.

What's in the "pages" collection? From what scope does that get loaded
(page, request, session, or application)?

If you are using <html:options>, it's going to be related to a "form
bean". Does the form bean know which item should be pre-selected? How?
IIRC, Struts takes the form's "pageNumber" value and if it matches any
item in the "pages" collection, it sets that one to "selected".

> So, during first time access - html view source <option value="0"
> class="textbody">0</option> <option value="1" selected="selected"
> class="textbody">1</option> <option value="2"
> class="textbody">2</option> <option value="3"
> class="textbody">3</option> <option value="4"
> class="textbody">4</option> <option value="5"
> class="textbody">5</option>

> If you notice there is a selected on option value="1" and default
> option on page load will be selected to option value 1
>
> [...]
>
> The selected "selected" is missing upon future requests. This is
> how it will be and since selected is not there it would default to
> first record 0.
>
> <option value="0" class="textbody">0</option> <option value="1"
> class="textbody">1</option> <option value="2"
> class="textbody">2</option> <option value="3"
> class="textbody">3</option> <option value="4"
> class="textbody">4</option> <option value="5"
> class="textbody">5</option>

Sounds like the form bean's "pageNumber" value is probably null.
Perhaps the form bean has been lost? Or reset? Is this a single user
navigating to the page (and getting selected=1) then hitting RELOAD
and getting no pre-selected item?

This question almost certainly has nothing to do with Tomcat, and
everything to do with your own webapp/JSP and Struts.

We still may be able to help, but you are going to need to provide
more information.

As for your your ops team, you should tell them to abandon their 7.0.8
testing and piloting: it's a complete and utter waste of their time.
Tell them to start over with 7.0.33 or just give up on ever approving
another version of Tomcat again because they can't get it done in a
reasonable time.