2012/12/4 Lyallex <lyal...@gmail.com>:
> On 4 December 2012 18:50, Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 1. "java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler" prints to System.err.
>>
>> Some other "console logging" implementations log to System.out.
>>
>> Do you need a ConsoleHandler at all? (You are effectively printing the
>> same log messages into two places a) ConsoleHandler, b) FileHandler ).
>>

> Well possibly not but it's irrelevant as logging.properties is being
> ignored
> so I don't get the output anyway, particularly I get no log file named
> MyApp ...
>

>> 2. To initialize logging properly you need to configure system
>> properties "java.util.logging.config.file" and
>> "java.util.logging.manager"
>> the same way as they are set by catalina.sh file.
>>
>> Have you specified the "java.util.logging.manager" property in your
>> arguments to jsvc?
>>

> Well no but then I never had it with 6.0.18 and that logged perfectly,
> also catalina.sh is not executed when running under jsvc but I think you may
> just be using that as an example ... I hope

Yes, as an example.

I'd also recommend to use daemon.sh that is included with Tomcat 7.

I do not know why it worked in 6.0.18. Have you checked with what
arguments it runs (e.g. via /proc/) ?  You say that it wasn't you who
installed 6.0.18. There is usually a wrapper script, like that
daemon.sh.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko