Smith, Mitchell wrote:
Hi,

I have a jvmRoute appended to my JSESSIONID to enable sticky sessions at an
application level.

I see often that users do not close browsers, resulting (even if the tomcat
session has expired) the user to be forwarded back to the instance.

Is it possible to set an expiry for the jvmRoute / JSESSIONID to be expired
at the browser so after x amount of time since last request the jvmRoute is
not transmitted back to the application apache load balancer. This would
prevent users constantly being directed to the same application node.

Could you suggest a mechanism by which this would be possible ?