> Can you start a new thread with a different subject? Something
> like "Tomcat prefers TC JSTL implementation to webapp-packaged one"
> and ask about it? I know there are some folks here who can describe
> how that's supposed to work. Once you've got that hammered-out (or
> maybe in parallel), you can ask about why the <c:redirect> tag
> doesn't work.
>
> A new thread and subject line may get others interested, which is
> why I am suggesting it.

Chances are you are using an Oracle authored tag library derived from
the ASF's JSTL implementation that (ab)uses the ASF package namespace.

The Apache Tomcat PMC asked Oracle to change the Java package name tp
avoid confusion and they refused. They did, however, agree to ensure
that JARs contained appropriate META-INF entries so it was clear where
the JAR originated.

Mark