Thanks guys for responding, from network side there are no issues infact as
confirmed by our Network team

I am accessing my application over http port, i seek your advise on tunning my
http client with respect to my tomcat

1>>We're using MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager, In this do you guys have any
recommendation/best practices for setting up the
parameters like maxHostConnections, maxTotalConnections,connection timeout
w.r.t tomcat

To narrow down response time issue , i took couple of thread dumps ,related to
it i have following concerns
I am getting hard time in making sense out of thread dumps , please  shed some
light on my below queries , Any weblink will be a great help :-

2>> There were many http threads were in waiting state, is it bad ??

3>> In thread dumps there are many types of thread like http ,TP,scheduler etc
        a) when request is received by tomcat which type of thread will handle
the request. ??
         b) does there is a different thread type in case we're forwarding a
request from apache to Tomcat over AJP port ??
         c) In case if slow response respone from an application , what ideally
we should look in thread dumps??.Does
             we should focus on the no. of  HTTP idle threads or scheduler
threads or something else. ??

Thanks for your help & Time
Vicky