On 14/12/2012 21:13, André Warnier wrote:

<snip/>

>  If it's "multipart/form-data", it delegates to another method,
> parseParts().

<snip/>

>  Why the Content-Length is not checked, I am unsure. It seems it would
> be less expensive to throw the exception before ever trying to parse the
> parts. However, this APPEARS to be the functional equivalent of checking
> the Content-Length.

I think that is simply an oversight in the commit [1] that added the
checking. If a content-length is present then checking it would be
simpler. The existing checks need to be kept for the chunked request
body case.

As always, patches welcome.

Mark

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1195968