On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM, David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net> wrote:

> On 1/10/2013 8:56 AM, Linoma DevTeam wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm running some comparison tests with tomcat 6.0.35 and IIS running in
>> parallel on Windows Server 2008 R2.  Now I would expect Tomcat to be
>> somewhat slower, given the extra JVM layer, but in some situations, i'm
>> seeing differences that are tough to swallow.
>>

> What JVM are you running under?  Is it running the client or server
> version?  I've found huge performance improvements in some kind of
> operations under a server JVM compared to client ones.

Interesting response. My environment is almost the same as Linoma, but
right now, my JSF web application is running on Windows Server 2003 32bit
4GB RAM and TomEE 1.5.2 SNAPSHOT (Tomcat 7.0.34). I am quite/very
satisfied/pleased with the performance of the app (have no complaints at
all), but I do like having the best performance possible, so David's
response caused me to do some research (via google and stackoverflow.com)
on this 'server JVM' topic.

No changes made (yet), but this 'server JVM' is good to know. Thanks!