Dear List,

My web application needs to deserialize both classes and objects which are sent to it.

I'm using Base64 serialization, and when I transport full <name>.class file to a service, I can deserialize it with no problem using ObjectInputStream.readObject(). I also need to transport instances of certain classes to the application but without having the benefit of having the class loaded in the WebappClassLoader. Not surprisingly, deserializing an instance of a class fails for ClassNotFoundException.

My question: When I need to transport an instance of a class, I can easily also transport the full class. This full class can be instantiated if required. How could I load this class to the WebappClassLoader and have it available there for when I need to call ois.readObject()? I want to load the (full) class to the WebClassLoader to over come the ClassNotFoundException.

Env:
Tomcat 7.0.14
OSCentOS release 5.8 (Final)
java version 1.6.0 22
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.10)
(rhel-1.28.1.10.10.el5 8-x86 64)

Any help appreciated,
regards,
Peter Lavin