On 1/22/2013 2:12 PM, Hanno Scharwächter wrote:

Hanno,

On 1/21/13 12:49 PM, Hanno Scharwächter wrote:
the Bootstrap-ClassLoader.  I checked the server-conf by starting both
Tomcat versions with exactly the same server configuration
(server.xml). While Tomcat 6 runs, Tomcat 7 refuses to start.

You cannot expect to launch Tomcat 7 using a configuration file
(server.xml) for Tomcat 6.

Instead, start with the server.xml that ships with Tomcat and make whatever
modifications you need to match your new configuration.

Hi Chris,
this is exactly what I did.  I modified the server.xml from Tomcat 7 in
accordance to my requirements; it failed to start. To exclude any errors in the
server.xml, I loaded the server.xml from Tomcat 7 into Tomcat 6 (eliminating
only a ThreadLocalLeakPreventionListener) and it ran.  As I wrote, I started
Tomcat 6 and 7 with identical server.xml files. 6 ran 7 did not.

I would find it surprising if the same server.xml would start both versions, but I suppose there might be a case where that might work. It did not work for me, no matter what I tried.