Hello,
I'm using Tomcat 6.0.24-2ubuntu1.10 on Ubuntu 10.04.4 and I am trying to disable datestamping and rotation of log files within Tomcat so I can use logrotate for everything.
I have added these lines to /etc/tomcat6/logging.properties:
1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.rotatable = false
2localhost.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.rotatable = false

From what I have read, this will set those files to be written as prefix.suffix, rather than prefix.date.suffix as it does by default. However, when I reload Tomcat after setting this, it is creating:
catalina.2013-01-23.log
localhost.2013-01-23.log

Thanks,