From: Tiago Sousa [mailto:tiago-a-so...@ext.ptinovacao.pt]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:01 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat6+webapps+log4j

Hello to all.

I have tomcat 6 using JULI for logging (logging.properties in conf dir)
plus several webapps using its own log4j.properties.

I need to centralized all the logs so i thought to put a global/shared
log4j.properties in $CATALINA_BASE\lib so that tomcat and each webapp
can be controlled through this file.

The problem i'm facing is that no logs are produced.

At this time i'm trying to configure just TOMCAT, no webapps, to log
through log4j but still no logs are produced. I've folowed the tutorial
in Apache logging webpage with the standard log4j.properties. No logs in
$CATALINA_BASE\logs.

Can you help me saying what mistakes i am doing in this basic
configuration (tomcat and no apps)?

Thanks.

Tiago

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information in this message, and any attachment, is intended for the
sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed. This
information may be privileged, confidential, and protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that you have received this communication in error and that any review,
disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it, or its contents,
is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this message
in error please notify the sender and destroy all copies of this
communication and any attachments. Thank you.