That's what I'm saying, it's common for both to have the same JAVA_HOME and use
-d64/-d32 to override the default.  This page seems to say that's how the
Solaris JVM works too:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/solaris/java.html

Moreover I've used those options on a Linux JVM.  Of course you can install as
many different JVMs as you want with a different JAVA_HOME, but it isn't
necessary to do that to select 32 bit or 64 bit modes of execution.

-Jeff