Mark,
I think the pb is not due to DIGEST password format.
My JAAS LoginModule who is working with FORM and BASIC authentication is
not called during DIGEST authentication.
I have inserted some traces in the authenticate, initialize and login
methods of my LoginModule...and no traces are generated...
I'm thinking my LoginModule is never used by Tomcat wiht Digest
authentication !!!

Visticot Frédéric
0130771312

Mark Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>