Van: A srivani [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Verzonden: dinsdag 2 mei 2006 8:54
Aan: users@tomcat.apache.org
Onderwerp: Fwd: classloader problem

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: A srivani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: May 2, 2006 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: classloader problem
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Hi there,

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@tomcat.apache.org/msg07773.html

I am facing similar problem as in above link.

In my webapplication axis is used to connect webservices. If the axis.jar is
in WEB-INF/lib I can reload my app and everything is fine.
But when I moved axis.jar to CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib to shrink the size of
my war file I get a NullPointerException (stack trace follows) when the
application has been reloaded and I try to connect to a service. The
application runs fine until I try to connect to a webservice. What could be
the reason for this?

I surfed the forums related to the problem and found that some are
suggesting to make reloadable=true in server.xml.But it is not possible for
me.

Thanks in advance.....
A Srivani.

*java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findResources(WebappClassLo
ader.java:956)
*        at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResources(ClassLoader.java :1015)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.JDK12Hooks.getResources(JDK12Hooks.java
:150)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.DiscoverResources$1.getNextResourc
es(DiscoverResources.java :153)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.DiscoverResources$1.getNextResourc
e(DiscoverResources.java:129)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.DiscoverResources$1.hasNext(Discov
erResources.java:116)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.names.DiscoverNamesInFile$1.getNex
tClassNames(DiscoverNamesInFile.java:
186)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.names.DiscoverNamesInFile$1.getNex
tClassName(DiscoverNamesInFile.java:1
70)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.names.DiscoverNamesInFile$1.hasNex
t(DiscoverNamesInFile.java:157)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.names.NameDiscoverers$1.getNextIte
rator(NameDiscoverers.java:143)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.names.NameDiscoverers$1.hasNext(Na
meDiscoverers.java:126)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.classes.ResourceClassDiscoverImpl$
1.getNextResource(ResourceClassDiscov
erImpl.java:159)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.classes.ResourceClassDiscoverImpl$
1.hasNext(ResourceClassDiscoverImpl.j
ava:147)
        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder$1.run(Eng
ineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:12
0)
        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.newFactor
y(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.ja
va:113)
        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.newFactor
y(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.ja
va:160)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.Service.getEngineConfiguration (Service.java:812)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:103)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:112)
        at