On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Tripti Mehta <mehtatript...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Sir,
>
> Please help. I am a newbie trying to learn Application Develipment using
> java and Struts2.
> The details of my system and tomcat versions are :
> Tomcat is : 7.0.35
> Java jdk- 1.7
> My system details are: Dell Laptop
> OS - Windows 7
> RAM- 8.00 GB
> System Type- 64 bit OS
>
> Looking at everything I have installed 64bit version from your website,
> but
> still when I start the server in my eclipse...it gives me this below
> mentioned errors-
>
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files
> (x86)\apache-tomcat-7.0.35\bin\tcnative-1.dll: Can't load AMD 64-bit .dll
> on a IA 32-bit platform.

Chuck, if you look at Tripti's details above (in OP), it seems as
though Tripti desires to run 64-bit veresion of tomcat7.0.35 on 64-bit
JVM. If/since this is the case,

It seems as though Tripti needs to 'update' JAVA_HOME etc...?

Tripti, why did you install 64-bit version of tomcat 7.0.35 to the
following directory?

C:\Program Files (x86)\apache-tomcat-7.0.35

Excuse me as I am a bit of a perfectionist, but Windows provides
"C:\Program Files (x86)" folder on 64-bit operating system. The
"C:\Program Files" is the best/appropriate place to install 64-bit
software.

Since OP states 64-bit 'so much', it is best for you to update or add
JAVA_HOME (and I think JRE_HOME) in your System Environment variables
of My Computer or System properties.

Ever since I started developing Java (1.5 years ago), I was developing
the software on 64-bit Windows Server 2008, and for about the same
amount of time, i deployed the software (JSF web app) to 32-bit
Windows Server 2003. Recently, the organization, purchased a new
server (Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit) to be the production server for
the JSF web app. So, what I am telling here is what I did on
development server as well as production server.

Howard