2013/2/6 Karolis Monkus <karolis.mon...@dts-solutions.lt>:
> Ok guys, i did what you all said:
> Removed that crappy 3rd party tomcat and downloaded tomcat tarball and port
> changing works fine. Now i need to run tomcat as service and since it's a
> Fedora it uses systemd instead init. So i created file called tomcat.service
> and placed it in /etc/systemd/system/ directory.
>
> tomcat.service:
>
> [Service]
>
> ExecStart=/usr/share/apache-tomcat-7.0.35/bin/startup.sh
>
> Restart=restart-always
>
> [Install]
>
> WantedBy=multi-user.target
>
> Then i enable service using command "systemctl enable tomcat.service"
> But nothing happens when i start tomcat with "service tomcat start"
> Am i missing some more information in that tomcat.service file?

1. I would guess that the above command would try to start Tomcat by
the root user.  DO NOT do that.

Do not forget to delete files in Tomcat's log and work folders that
are now owned by root. Otherwise starting it with other user will
fail.

2. Have you read RUNNING.txt ?

3. Do not top-post.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Choosing_the_proper_posting_style

> But nothing happens when i start tomcat with "service tomcat start"

What exactly do you mean by "nothing" ?