On 08/02/2013 01:06, Zippy Zeppoli wrote:
> Ah, the author himself! Perhaps this will help

Ha ha.

If you want to help improve the Tomcat documentation then answers to the
following questions would be a good place to start.

>>> <Context name="myapp##1.3.5">
>>> </Context>

What led you to believe that such a configuration was valid? I don't see
any reference to a name attribute in the documentation.

>>> Is it a best practice to version just using the filename, both?

<snip/>

>>> Thanks for any insights, the documentation doesn't seem to explain
>>> this very well and there isn't a resource on the web that goes over
>>> this in detail.

Related, I suspect to the question 1 above. The docs on versions, paths
and the relationship between is here:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Naming

2. What isn't explained very well?

Suggested improvements (ideally as patches) welcome.

Mark