I posted this on the eclipse forum last Thu and since I have received no
response, I'm cross posting here.

I have created a project as guided by
www.objectdb.com/tutorial/jpa/eclipse/spring/run. When I abandon eclipse
and use the maven command line to deploy this Spring MVC web app to
jetty and point my browser to localhost:8080/Guestbook/ it works.

However, when I use Eclipse Juno (eclipse-jee-juno-SR1-win32-x86_64),
maven 3 and Tomcat 6 (there is a documented bug with tomcat 7 at the
objectdb.com site) to create a new maven project (with a dynamic web
facet) and add Tomcat 6 as a server, it asks me if I want to move my
guestbook app with the cute little jar icon from the left side to the
tomcat side. I say yes and it appears under the that server icon in the
server. But when I point the browser to localhost:8080/Guestbook after
starting the tomcat6 it gives me the 404 error: "type Status
report/message /Guestbook/ description The requested resource is not
available. Apache Tomcat/6.0.36"

Can someone help me debug this 404 error in tomcat 6? It works with
Jetty! Should it not work with tomcat 6 too? (I'd like to make it work
with tomcat 7 some other day).
Also: I'm running Windows 8.
Thanks
Siegfried