Do you have a problem, or you just want to learn 'best practice'?
I would suggest you gather some performance statistics to start with, as
each application is different.
I lie to use a tool called Melody to gather running stats (maybe some
others on the list can suggest others) as I found it easy to install, and
it gave me the basics of what I needed.
Something like this will give you a baseline envelope that you can use to
see how well it is performing.