it should work without that setting assuming that tomcat picks up the file setclasspath.sh correctly, the reason I mentioned it is cause the sunVM doesn't have a gnu.java.lang.MainThread class, so I would suspect that you are not running the VM you think you are running. Of course, I know very little about OS-X, but that is where I would recommend you to start looking

Filip

Edoardo Panfili wrote:
Edoardo Panfili wrote:
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
if you are running the Sun VM, why is this in your stack trace?

at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
The stack is the one that Tomcat has print before the "remove" of gcj.

But the error is still here also after the "remove".

my guess is that you forgot to do this

export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
in catalina.sh
yes, i forgot this.
But, sorry for the question, is it possible that this error causes my problems?

PS: I have an OS X 10.3 machine running from 2004 without this setting.

thanks again
Edoardo
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]