On 09/03/2013 01:38, Jesse Farinacci wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am using Java 7, IBM JRE and Apache Tomcat 7.0.37. I am seeing a
> strange difference between java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter vs
> org.apache.juli.OneLineFormatter: namely, for my applications, the
> SimpleFormatter will produce log records with the Class name included
> but OneLineFormatter will not. The exact same application, with only
> changes to the .formatter are enough to show this change.
>
> I think this is a bug; If I use javap on my unpacked class files, I
> see that they do in fact have all the debug details. Why does
> OneLineFormatter show me null.null when SimpleFormatter will show the
> class name? This is very frustrating, and has been going on for quite
> a while..

Strange. I don't see this with 7.0.x trunk and the Oracle JVM.

Looking at the source code for the two formatters the code to display
the class and method name looks identical.

In your shoes I'd be using my IDE to debug through the low writing
process step by step to figure out what is going wrong.

Mark