amit shah wrote:
Hello,
        I would like to know if the tomcat jdbc pool (7.0.34+) provides
connection failover capabilities i.e. to transparently close all the open
database connections and switch to a another database server on an
planned/unplanned database server outage event.
        I read through the tomcat documentation but didn't find any details
related to this. If this feature is not supported are there any recommended
alternatives and any future plans to add this feature to the jdbc pool?

Hi.
This is not a direct answer to your question, and I am not able to provide one.
But one alternative to your above scenario which does exist, is to have a pool of Tomcats, each with its own database server.