On Mar 14, 2013, at 6:00 PM, fachhoch wrote:

> I think one of my filters are involved in creating session , I tried  in  dev
> box calling the url called by load balancer ,and saw that a session is
> getting created   every time its a new browser, so then I   called a html
> file   still session is being created, I use some of the filters which I
> cannot  make changes to, so I am, wondering , If I can add  something   like
> a filter in web.xml which will bypass all other filters if url is lets say
> /myaap/ping.html  how to bypass all other filters and serve the request ?

You could, but I think you're making this more complicated than it needs to be.
 If the filter is creating a session, then just change the filter-mapping so
that it isn't applied for this resource.  In your web.xml, look for the
"filter-mapping" tag for the filter that is starting the session then just
change it so the filter ignores this resource.

Having said that, if you absolutely want to create a custom filter, try the
following:

1.) Implement Filter
2.) In the doFilter method, if request is a ping, handle it otherwise continue
filter chain
3.) Define your filter in web.xml, make sure it's first in the filter chain

Now your filter should execute first, if it's a ping request it will just
handle it.  If not, it'll continue down the filter chain like normal.

Dan