--- Peter Crowther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > From: Dong, Roland [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> > That is not an option. Thanks.  I am wondering if
> that can be
> > configured
> > in catalina.policy? Played with it but can't make
> it work.
>
> Not to my knowledge.
>
> What you *could* do is the following:
>
> - Install a second instance of Tomcat
> - Set its webapp base to a parent directory of the
> first Tomcat's webapp
> base
> - Use WebDAV on the second Tomcat to poke at the
> first Tomcat's files.
>
>               - Peter
If you are using Linux you can simply create a
symbolic link to other top level web applications from
another web applications folder.  Then you can manage
the folders that way without having two TC instances.

You should also be able to use Apache and configure
some paths to access the same directory with Tomcat or
Apache depending on the URL you access it by.  That is
if you are using mod_jk and Apache.

Wade