Chuck and Daniel,

Thanks for replying. I'll try and provide the information requested.

   - The 9th method invocation causes Tomcat to hang. When you issue
   requests after that, they also "hang".
   - Here is the connector info:

 <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443" />

 <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />

   - Jvm version:

java version "1.7.0_15"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

   - My app is 1.6 compatible.
   - Platform type and version: Ubuntu 12.10

   - APR: I just connect to tomcat through port 8080

Please don't hesitate to tell me if the information provided is not
sufficient.

Regards,

Julien.