Cédric Couralet wrote:
2013/3/25 N.s.Karthik <nskarthi...@gmail.com>:
Hi

Hello

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-auth-howto.html
I have already tried this and found the same to Work only on Windows
Environment

but my Tomcat servers are on  Oracle Linux Systems...

Will this configurations work with "Tomcat 7.0.30 on Linux"  with Clients
using IE8 from Windows ???

I will assume you talk about the SPNEGO Authenticator from tomcat.
If that is the case, then I can confirm it works on Linux (Debian SID  here).

One thing to watch for is that the client must use Kerberos and not
NTLM (it's a guess but it seems logical) .

Sorry to burst in, but can you elaborate on that ?
Why does it seem logical ? To my own (admittedly limited) knowledge, Kerberos is not the most widely implemented solution in Windows networks, NTLMv2 is. Does the SPNEGO implementation in Tomcat not work with NTLMv2 then ?

For this, you must have AD knowing your tomcat server ie : nslookup
your.url must return your IP adress .

For the rest the documentation on the tomcat website is basically all I needed.