On 3 Apr 2013, at 15:36, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> Saumil,
>
> Please try to keep discussions on the mailing list to everyone can
> benefit.
>
> On 4/2/13 6:48 PM, saumil shah wrote:
>> For some reason ...I do not see Java process in Task Manager in
>> Windows, just Tomcat6 process. I am assuming killing Tomcat6 kills
>> JVM internally...is this correct assumption ?
>
> I'm not sure what the Tomca6 process is, but if you kill the service
> (and nothing goes wrong), the JVM should terminate.

Tomcat6.exe is the thin windows wrapper used to start the JVM.

>> Also, I am NOT re-deploying the application WAR's for some
>> reason...when I deployed the application using Tomcat Manager ...
>> for some reason it put WAR in the WebApps folder and then exploded
>> them.

> That is entirely expected behavior.

"For some reason": the reason being that it has to put them somewhere
and as they are basically a zip, it unpacks he zip and loads the app
from the unpacked dir.

> If you don't want your webapps to
> be deployed on startup, you'll need to set deployOnStartup="false" in
> your <Host>.
>
> If you set deplyOnStartup="false", you'll have to use the Manager
> webapp to deploy your webapps after Tomcat has started.

This is probably a red herring.

>> Now it seems every time I start Tomcat , it tries to Re-deploy the
>> application because it finds .WAR there ?
>
> I wouldn't use the term "re-deploy" since the webapp isn't running
> prior to that. I usually use the term re-deploy to mean that the
> webapp is taken out of service in a running Tomcat, then a new webapp
> is deployed in its place (usually on the same context path).

The question should be: are you restarting Tomcat frequently already
and if so, why?