Yes, it connects to an Oracle DB, and I strongly suspect they may be seeing a
connection pool leak in a little-used bit of code.  But I'm also trying to
figure this out without access to the machines themselves, so was hoping to get
guidance on other questions to ask them.
Essentially, as I understand it, the non-paged pool primarily stores data
structures needed to manage threads and semaphores, which in tomcat terms is
connectors, executors, and any DB pool connections, etc.  I would assume that
the heap and classes get put into the paged pool.  I was hoping someone here
knew exactly if there was something other I should suspect.
Reviewing older posts, thanks Christopher, it does appear that there could be
some release-level issues in Java/Tomcat/native as well as it could be Windows
OS issues itself. (Didn't realize I'd seen this on a local machine 2 years ago
until I checked the archive.)  So I do have some questions to ask the customer
admin.

Jeff