Chris -
Am I reading that correctly?  If in my context.xml file, I define a DB resource
as:
<Resource
    name="jdbc/oracleUCPPool"
    type="oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSource"
    factory="oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl"
    auth="Container"
    connectionFactoryClassName="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource"
... obviously redacted stuff ...
  />
I DO NOT need to add these lines to my web.xml?
  <resource-ref>
    <description>Oracle Universal Connection Pool</description>
    <res-ref-name>jdbc/oracleUCPPool</res-ref-name>
    <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

That also brings up another, related, question.
In my old web.xml, I had this entry:
  <context-param>
    <param-name>LOG4J_PROPS</param-name>
    <param-value>/WEB-INF/Log4j.properties</param-value>
  </context-param>
Which I removed and replaced with an entry in the context.xml file:
  <Parameter name="LOG4J_PROPS" value="/WEB-INF/Log4j.properties"
override="false" />
However, that didn't work. I had to provide the full path to the file in the
value parameter.
Is there a particular reason why?  Or would it be something inside our code?
We are set up multi-tenant and trying to minimize the changes needed per tenant.
I'm using Tomcat 6.0.36 with Sun JDK 1.6.0_43.

Jeff