On 16/05/2013 15:56, Michael Martin wrote:
> Ah ok, that's a little clearer then. Here's the full stack trace:
>
> 2013-05-16 12:31:18,334 [main] ERROR org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector
> - Protocol handler instantiation failed
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Http11NioProtocol

OK. There is nothing unusual going on in that code. The problem looks to
be with your server.xml

> Our auditors actually raised the issue with us, claiming it is a
> vulnerability of ours.

With what justification? It is beginning to look like a false positive
and I'd expect anyone doing auditing to know better.

> We then used the method here to check the port, which shows Renegotiation is
> supplied.
>
> http://blog.ivanristic.com/2009/12/testing-for-ssl-renegotiation.html

That looks to be correct for the time it was written but that was more
than three years ago.

> SSL handshake has read 5985 bytes and written 511 bytes
> ---
> New, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384
> Server public key is 2048 bit
> Secure Renegotiation IS supported
> Compression: NONE
> Expansion: NONE
> SSL-Session:
>     Protocol  : TLSv1.2
>     Cipher    : DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384

There is no vulnerability there.
"Secure renegotiation" != "Insecure renegotiation"

That certainly looks to be an RFC5746 compliant renegotiation.

Mark