This is an update from our system administrator:
"From what I can tell from the errors and the research I have done the
ajp_process_callback from the jk_ajp_common.c function is failing
because it is not recieving a close code from the apache instance -
possibly when a sender (browser) stopped sending data before the end -
certainly in a big post.  This means that the client closed the browser
before all data has been set (sent). There is probably a setting
somewhere in tomcat that handles this.

This is the section of code from  jk_ajp_common.c that produces this
error:
   if ((len = ajp_read_fully_from_server(r, read_buf, len)) < 0) {
       jk_log(l, JK_LOG_INFO,
              "ERROR: receiving data from client failed. "
              "Connection aborted or network problems\n");
       return JK_CLIENT_ERROR;
   }"

What is that "setting somewhere in tomcat"?

Thank you.
Regards,
Vasily