Hi Chris,

I was monitoring the CPU utilization specifically. I can compromise on 10000
less transactions/sec,but 80-90% utilization is not good.

I tested the Async Servlet and the Hello World Servlet with the same
environment and the client. Hello world servlet gave 20k req/sec and on the
other hand Async Servlet was only 100 req/sec even less during the course. Both
the results with 100 threads.

I have configured 1000 max threads in the connector,and I am testing with 100
concurrent threads.

Well I tested a sample html page with Tomcat 6.0.18 and 7.0.30 on Solaris x86
server. The req/sec were almost the same for both,but CPU utilization for
Tomcat 6 was 23-27% and for Tomcat 7 it was 80-90% consistently.

On the other hand on a Linux system,the req/sec were a little higher in Tomcat
7 say 65k to 55k on tomcat 6 and the CPU utilization was the same for both 6
and 7.

My Jprofiler stack trace on Solaris is a lot different. As far as I have
observed,for Tomcat 7 the stack Trace leads me to
ResponseFacade.setContentType,which was not the behaviour in Tomcat 6. Can that
be a bottleneck? Or is there something platform dependent that I should take
care of?

Thanks.