Is this saying that one can mount a directory under WEB-INF with a custom path?

One of my biggest struggles with JSF page navigation is placing resources under
WEB-INF and then figuring out how to navigate from a page that was forwarded to
WEB-INF and that page under WEB-INF also needs to forward to another page in
WEB-INF.

The JSF navigation is usually one page behind the current page unless you
explicitly redirect, which you can't do if the resource is in WEB-INF, so I end
up with a 404 trying to forward from page1 in WEB-INF to page2 in WEB-INF.  The
only solution I see is exposing the last page in the root of the context or
ditch the JSF framework and go back to straight servlets.

This new feature sounds like it would help, but wouldn't it defeat the purpose
of placing resources in WEB-INF?

Leo