Wes Novack wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to get the latest 32 bit Tomcat 1.2.37 connector for IIS (
jakarta / isapi_redirect.dll ) to play nicely on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64
bit) and IIS 7.5.

I installed JRE 7 update 25 (32 bit) , then installed the Apache Tomcat
7.0.42 using the Windows installer EXE. I then downloaded a precompiled
binary of the IIS i386 isapi_redirect.dll and configured everything (need
Tomcat to run as 32 bit).

Are you sure ? isapi_redirect in an add-on module for IIS, and has in principle nothing to do with which Tomcat version you are using. Tomcat could be running on another host on the other side of the planet. isapi-redirect talks to Tomcat via TCP, that's the only relationship.

When testing through IIS, I get the following error in the browser:
"HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
Calling GetFilterVersion on ISAPI filter "C:\MyPath\isapi_redirect.dll"
failed. "

EventViewer application log shows the following errors:
"The HTTP Filter DLL C:\MyPath\isapi_redirect.dll failed to load. The data
is in the error."

I have double checked permissions, the ISAPI filter, the jakarta virtual
directory, config files and everything else that I can think of. There is
no isapi_redirect.log file generated. AppPool has Enable 32-Bit
Applications set to True.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

It is probably the IIS and isapi_redirect that do not match, bits-wise.