On 17/07/2013 19:14, Questiony McAskerton From Queryville wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jul 2013, Mark Thomas wrote:
>

>> No, but not permitted by the spec.
>>
>> Mark
>>

> Mark,
>
> Thank you very much for the quick response.

No problem. The expectation of the EG (this was before I was an EG
member but I've chatted about this with Filip who was on the EG for
Servlet 3.0) was that the adding was only for use during context start.
There was some debate about adding during run-time but the conclusion
was not to support that - I think due to potential complexity vs.
benefit / minimal demand.

If you have a use case, feel free to open a Jira for the Servlet EG to
consider for 3.2. Contact details should be in the 3.1 spec.

Mark